Microsoft Word docx edited in TextMaker (Linux) no longer opens in Microsoft Word

scotthews

Microsoft Word docx edited in TextMaker (Linux) no longer opens in Microsoft Word

Post by scotthews »

I'm a newbie to TextMaker, but run Linux at home and have been for some time trying different document editors. The most recent being TextMaker which from the outset seems about as close to Microsoft Word as I could find. However, documents that I create in Microsoft Word 2016 at work, if I then open these at home in TextMaker, edit and re-save, don't always function when I get back to Microsoft Word and cause Word to crash. I can open the document in Word, but as soon as I scroll, Word becomes unresponsive.

I can see that TextMaker is respecting all of the settings made in Microsoft Word, for instance a horizontal line that is set to 100% margin width in Word appears as 18cm in TextMaker and becomes misaligned.

My concern here that at last I thought I'd found something that would allow me to mix my working environments, but if documents are to become corrupt then TextMaker won't be an option for me.

Has anyone got any experience on this or can shed any light on where the problems may lay.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Microsoft Word docx edited in TextMaker (Linux) no longer opens in Microsoft Word

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, could you please send us the file and some steps so we can reproduce the issue?
You may post it here or send it to foum(at)softmaker.de

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”