Printing to legal size - Textmaker

achiasson

Printing to legal size - Textmaker

Post by achiasson »

I have Textmaker Professional 2018 (build 970.0826), Linux. Although I can set the page layout to legal, when it comes to print it defaults to letter or perhaps A4. The print dialogue has no page choice size so I assume it takes it from the page layout. The only way I can get it to print to legal is to save it to PDF at first and then print with another application. I have tried custom size, but still defaults to letter or A4. Same result on both my HP LaserJet 4015dn or Epson Workforce WF-4630. Is there any simpler work around or am I missing some other print setting ?

Thanks

Alyre
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Printing to legal size - Textmaker

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, you should define the page size in both the document under Layout | Page size | Legal and also in the dialog File | Print | Setup
achiasson

Post by achiasson »

Thanks for the feedback.

However, under File/Print, like page 50 of the TextMaker user manual, my setup button only gives a choice of selection of a printer. I have two printers installed under CUPS, both print the 14 inch document to 11 inch even through 14 inch is stipulated under Layout/Page and Layout/Page Setup. I can not find a printer setup option to change page size or perhaps to an output tray that contains 14 inch paper. LibreOffice documents of 14 inches print correctly. Still stumped. Could a printer driver for Softmaker not been installed ? Are you able to print to 14 inch, am I alone with this problem ? Perhaps it is not a configuration problem and I should post it as a bug ?

Thanks

Alyre
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, I was able to reproduce your issue and have just reported it to the developers. Sorry for the delay.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”