Entering tab in a table cell

gor1515

Entering tab in a table cell

Post by gor1515 »

Sorry if this is a non-issue, but I cannot enter a tab in a table cell. I have some text, and a tab mark in the ruler is definitely farther ahead, but CTRL-TAB does absolutely nothing. Tab alone takes me to the next cell. ALT-TAB takes me to the next window. Shift-TAB takes me to the previous cell. But CTRL-TAB triggers no reaction; the cursor remains where it was.
I am in Ubuntu Bionic 18.04, running TextMaker Pro 2018 rev 966.0704.

I could not find a discussion of this issue in the forum; if this question has been answered, please refer me to the answer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Entering tab in a table cell

Post by martin-k »

Any key that we define in our software may already be assigned in the operating system, and we don't even get to see it. This seems to be the case with Ctrl+Tab in your system.

You can customize the keyboard in TextMaker and assign another key to the tab function.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
gor1515

Re: Entering tab in a table cell

Post by gor1515 »

This quick response is very highly appreciated.

This is embarrassing. I had assigned the CTRL-TAB combination myself in TextMaker to another operation.
This was some time ago and I had forgotten. Had to reacquaint myself with the shortcut-assignment dialog in TextMaker; just
realized what has happened and hurried to delete my question, but it has already been answered...

Thanks again for the quick response!

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”