Two suggestions for search-and-replace

joredor

Two suggestions for search-and-replace

Post by joredor »

I am seriously testing SoftMaker Office Professional 2018 for Linux as part of a transition from Windows to Kubuntu Linux, and there are two functions related to Search and Replace that could stand improvement:

1. When doing a global search-and-replace, once the operation is finished the cursor goes to the top of the document, instead of back to where the user was when the replace operation started. Having the cursor return to its original place is both more logical and less work: the user should not have to keep track of where he/she was when the search-and-replace began.

2. Unless I have missed a setting or a command somewhere, there doesn't seem to be a way to perform a limited search-and-replace for just a selection of text, is there? Yesterday I went to replace some text in only a couple of paragraphs that I'd selected, the same way I do in MS Word 2007, but TextMaker performed the replacement in the entire file. I ended up having to undo that operation and make the needed changes manually one by one -- a needlessly tedious task.

Please let me know if there are settings or commands somewhere that I can use (a) to return the cursor to its starting point following a Search and Replace operation, and (b) to search and replace only in selected text.

Thank you.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Two suggestions for search-and-replace

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I've forwarded them to the product manager.
joredor

Re: Two suggestions for search-and-replace

Post by joredor »

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”