List of bugs at a glance

zemega

List of bugs at a glance

Post by zemega »

1. It opens a .docx file that use Times New Roman, automatically change everything to Cambria, and if you save it, the font changes to Cambria. Not good when you need to follow some guidelines.
2. When opening a template file, it even change the fonts to Cambria.
3. Figure Caption in text is messed up.

Those bugs already made the TextMaker 2018 for Linux not usable to me. It's going to get me fired.
I'm on Ubuntu 16.014 64 bit.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: List of bugs at a glance

Post by martin-k »

I cannot confirm any of these, but I would like to investigate them. Please provide sample documents, either here or by e-mail to forum (at) softmaker.com
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hopepersists

Post by hopepersists »

I have the same problem with Times New Roman being changed to Cambria in docx files coming from other sources. However, once I change the font to Times New Roman and save it, it remains when opened again.
kgha

Post by kgha »

Can't replicate the font change issue, guess it must be caused by your particular setup. However, when trying out WPS Office I found that the program constantly changed Times New Roman to Liberation. The solution was to delete the symlink 60-liberation.conf in /etc/fonts/conf.d (the symlink linked to /etc/fonts/conf.avail/60-liberation.conf and this file should not be deleted!)
You might try this - look for a symlink named /etc/fonts/conf.d/60-cambria.conf (or with any other number than 60), unlink and see if it solves your issue. Nu guarantees that it won't affect other programs, though, but in that case it's easy to recreate the symlink.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

When you load a document with fonts that are not installed on the system, SoftMaker Office picks a replacement font. But this is for display only, the document still keeps the original font. If you save and open later on a system with the fonts available, the document will again display with the original fonts.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski »

martin-k wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:54 pm If you save and open later
Meaning: The current font-setting is not taken into consideration, if the original font is different from the one currently set automatically (as a replacement font) by TextMaker?

This is a little esoteric. Let's say, I like the replacement font better. How do I save the document, then?
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Change the formatting to the desired font.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”