False disk full error

JohnWasilewski

False disk full error

Post by JohnWasilewski »

Linux Zorin 15 running TMPro2018 S976.0313 (64bit)
Sometimes, when I try to save a document, on a Lenovo P50s with 50GB available space, I get this error message

Code: Select all

Error
Error saving file
Disk full or inaccessible
---
John
JohnWasilewski

Re: False disk full error

Post by JohnWasilewski »

This false error message is preventing me from saving my work.
I have found that the only way round it is to SAVE-AS a new filename. Then it saves.

This is can be a nuisance at times because I sometimes name my documents using a particular naming convention, so being prevented from saving a document to its intended current name interferes with that.
---
John
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please share your sminfo.txt file, which you can create by clicking on '?' | About and "Write system information". Please also share the screenshot of this error and the file which you are unable to save.

Is this file you originally created in TextMaker 2018 or with any other text editor software.

Thanks
JohnWasilewski

Post by JohnWasilewski »

I'll need to wait until it happens again before I can send a copy of my sminfo.txt file and share a screenshot. In answer to your question, this is happening with doc files created neither with other wp applications nor with earlier versions of TM, but with Linux TM2018, which is the only WP I am using for my work.
---
John
dbsurfer

Post by dbsurfer »

I am in the process of changing over from Microsoft Office 2010 to SoftMaker Office 2021 and I am having this problem with Word files but, so far, not Excel files. The workaround I am employing is to open the docx file in TextMaker and then save it with the default TextMaker file type using the same filename. I then close TextMaker and change the name or move the old docx file to a backup folder.
Finally, I open the new tmdx file and save it back as a docx file with the same filename. This new copy of the docx file can now be opened, edited and saved in the normal way. Changing over to using tmdx files exclusively would be quicker but for the moment I need MS Office compatibility. The files are all stored in a Google Drive.

Colin
Praful Kansal

Post by Praful Kansal »

Hi,

I am also experiencing same error while using .odt file in "textmaker".

Please find attached "sminfo.txt" file for reference.
sminfo.txt
(10.82 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Please share solution of this error.

Regards,
Praful Kansal
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing sminfo.txt file, but there is no use of it without complete information of your problem, screenshot of the error, when you are getting the error, what exact error, sample file etc.

You are posting this in wrong old forum as your problem is with TextMaker 2021 for Windows and this forum is for TextMaker 2018 for Linux. Please post in appropriate forum for better resolution.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Linux”