SoftMaker crashes

Aleph

SoftMaker crashes

Post by Aleph »

Greetings to all,
I downloaded the 32-bit version of SoftMaker from the repositories,
https://shop.softmaker.com/repo/apt/po ... fice-2018/
which I installed on Antix Linux, however the program crashes without being able to open initially.
I have tried to get the error information, but debug does not work, it does not produce any output.

Code: Select all

luis@antix1:~
$ textmaker18free -debug
Segmentation fault
luis@antix1:~
Any advice?
Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: SoftMaker crashes

Post by SuperTech »

We are sorry to inform you, but we are no longer supporting 32 bit, and AntiX Linux was never officially supported.

We recommend use of a 64-bit Linux, as all CPUs built after 2003 support 64 bit. You can check our supported Linux distributions here.
Aleph

Post by Aleph »

SuperTech wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:04 pm We are sorry to inform you, but we are no longer supporting 32 bit, and AntiX Linux was never officially supported.

We recommend use of a 64-bit Linux, as all CPUs built after 2003 support 64 bit. You can check our supported Linux distributions here.
Nice to greet you, SuperTech.

Antix is simply a Debian derivative, so in theory it is supported by you.

About the 32bit version: Just a reminder that many people can't afford to buy new hardware, and I believe that with little effort you could maintain a 32bit version, for example for people with few resources, educational centers with old hardware or charities. That's your decision, you can either throw away the 32bit version or give it some good use.
Regards.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your suggestion, and we can understand the situation. But honesty, that's not even near little effort. :(

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”