Office 2018 on Manjaro (a little cosmetic bug) [Fixed - sort of]

mrouilla51

Office 2018 on Manjaro (a little cosmetic bug) [Fixed - sort of]

Post by mrouilla51 »

Just got the full suite. Works fine on Manjaro. It is available through the AUR. It also look good but a little correction will make it even better. The text on the bottom ribbon is chopped in half making look a bit weird. Also in the font selection box, it is a bit cropped. Not sure if it's because I use the French version but can it be fixed ?
Tx

Last edited by mrouilla51 on Sat May 09, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Office 2018 on Manjaro (a little cosmetic bug)

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have forwarded the details to our development team.
mrouilla51

Post by mrouilla51 »

Great I download the 2020 beta version (French version). It's very good but that problem still exist. Some parameters in the option box are also seriously truncated.
Hope it get fix soon as the suite is becoming the best MS Office substitute.
mrouilla51

Post by mrouilla51 »

SuperTech wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:40 pm Thanks for reporting this issue. I have forwarded the details to our development team.
As I got more experience with the application, I found the solution. It's simple, do not use "System Font for menus and dialog box". Using the Options/Appearance/User Interface, there is a tic box called "Use system fonts for dialog box and menus". Deselect it and voila ! everything fall in place. The UI text is all align.

So I don't know if it need to be fix but now using the program fonts, it's perfect.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Office 2018 on Manjaro (a little cosmetic bug) [Fixed - sort of]

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing this information. =D> Yes, while our development team working on this problem, you can use this solution.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”