Thanks for your work on the Linux Version | & Feature Req.

vtpoet

Thanks for your work on the Linux Version | & Feature Req.

Post by vtpoet »

It's been a while since I've posted here. Just wanted to give a thumbs up for all the improvements made to SO for Linux. Will definitely be investing in your next version.

That said, I had to quit using it just over a year ago due to some bugs that have since been sorted out. Since I use multiple devices on multiple OS's, Linux, Android, & Windows, I switched to googledocs. This wasn't entirely the fault of SO, but partly. SO's Android version still doesn't support TMDX, for example. And unrelated to Softmaker, I was also having considerable trouble with Dropbox on Android, which made working on the same document on multiple devices with SO far more of a hassle than simply using googledocs. I've since started storing more complex docs on Google Drive.

That brings me to a feature request:

1.) Isn't it time that SO for Android worked with TMDX docs?
2.) Would it be possible add a feature that would automatically sync SO docs whenever there's an internet connection? In other words. If I'm working on Doc A on multiple devices, can SO be set up to automatically keep docs updated in the cloud?

Thanks.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Thanks for your work on the Linux Version | & Feature Req.

Post by miguel-c »

We will be working on a new version for Android to be released in the next months. In our next Android version:
1. it will be possible to edit TMDX files
2. we'll fix the access to files on Dropbox, Google Drive, etc...
vtpoet

Re: Thanks for your work on the Linux Version | & Feature Req.

Post by vtpoet »

Thanks. Glad to hear about SO on Android. Additionally, I appreciate that the Android SO interface looks as full featured as the desktop version, but would love an option to switch to a vastly simplified and uncluttered interface when mainly writing.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”