Invoice system with no DB

cpcnw

Invoice system with no DB

Post by cpcnw »

Hi,

Does anyone have an invoice system setup using TM and PM?

I would need serialized invoice number, customer info, date created-due and unpaid-paid fields in PM linked to a master template in TM

Any tips?

Cheers
dhalgren
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Invoice system with no DB

Post by dhalgren »

I have never done anything like an invoice, but I suspect you could do it by setting up your page how you want, with appropriate words, spaces, etc, and save it as a template.

The only thing is that you would have to type in the words invoice number (or whatever you want) and then type in the invoice number manually, or set up some type of computational function.

The details for setting up computational functions in TM are on page 335 of the TM manual. (I have never had the need to do this, so you will just have to study the manual.)
cpcnw

Post by cpcnw »

Thanks for your reply and advice :)
dhalgren
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by dhalgren »

My pleasure. I hope you can do what you want, and that the computational function can do what you need.
BlackMyth

Post by BlackMyth »

dhalgren wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:03 am I have never done anything like an invoice, but I suspect you could do it by setting up your page how you want, with appropriate words, spaces, etc, and save it as a template.

The only thing is that you would have to type in the words invoice number (or whatever you want) and then type in the invoice number manually, or set up some type of computational function.

The details for setting up computational functions in TM are on page 335 of the TM manual. (I have never had the need to do this, so you will just have to study the manual.)
Create and distribute smart invoices (for recurring billing here) that are tailored to appear elegant, simple, and simple for customers to understand. It also self-service. I can change mine for a one-time fee. It appeared to offer the same thing to me, but it was less expensive in the long run and allowed me to customize it more because I could create or modify the code as needed.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”