Menu and icons are tiny on 4K display

dummy-account

Menu and icons are tiny on 4K display

Post by dummy-account »

Hey guys. This kind of office program for Linux is EXACTLY what I am looking for.

However, unfortunately the icons in all the office programs are absolutely tiny and impossible to see properly on my 4K display.

I have a Dell XPS 15 9560 display which is a 4K display. Is there any way to increase the size of the icons, menus and fonts? It's possible in Libre Office but it doesn't seem possible in SoftMaker... :(

Here's examples of what I mean (menus, buttons etc. are way too small to use):

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Menu and icons are tiny on 4K display

Post by martin-k »

SoftMaker Office can adapt to higher screen dpi settings. In Windows we do this automatically. In Linux, we can't since some distributions "lie" about the system's dpi. You can go to File | Options and change the user interface scaling manually.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
dummy-account

Post by dummy-account »

I found it! I don't know how I missed that tiny little 'interface size' box on the top right. But I found it!

File - Options - Appearance - Set Interface Size -> Large (or Very Large)

Oh man what a breath of fresh air this is, now I can see again!

Solved!
Bratsche

Post by Bratsche »

I'm having the same problem. It would be wonderful to have larger icons, symbols, etc.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

If you have the same problem, please apply the same solution provided by Martin.
martin-k wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:02 pm SoftMaker Office can adapt to higher screen dpi settings. In Windows we do this automatically. In Linux, we can't since some distributions "lie" about the system's dpi. You can go to File | Options and change the user interface scaling manually.
danmeekbeta

Post by danmeekbeta »

Windows 10 certainly does not automatically adjust Textmaker interface font sizes for 4k monitors. No matter what Compatibility setting I choose, the Textmaker interface is tiny and very hard to use.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”