[SOLVLED] Academic License: How to install for multiple users

dowdle

[SOLVLED] Academic License: How to install for multiple users

Post by dowdle »

Greetings,

I sent in a support request submission so I'll probably get an email on that in the not-too-distant future but I thought I'd make a forum topic so once the answer is available, it can be found here.

Basically I took advantage of your wonderful Academic licensing and got a site license for SoftMaker Office 2018. I happen to be running it mostly on Fedora 28... but will potentially put it on some CentOS 7 systems too. Quite a few of my computers are in labs and are multi-user. I am the sysadmin and I will be installing the software. The question is:

How do I go about using the license in such a way as I can put in the license code without burdening each user? That is especially desired in computer labs where a computer maybe used by dozens of people... and we are using Microsoft AD authentication on Fedora which creates a new home directory if a user hasn't previously logged in. In past versions there was a way to copy a license file from the installer's home directory to a global directory that applied to all users... or something similar to that. How do you do it with SoftMaker Office 2018?

Of course, I don't mind the mandatory OK acceptance of the fact that it is an academic license. I just don't want users to have to put in the license key themselves because that is crazytown.

Thanks in advance,
TYL, Scott Dowdle
Last edited by dowdle on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
dowdle

Re: Academic License : how to install for multiple users

Post by dowdle »

DUH, it is just like it has been in the past. One can put in the license number... and then copy the ~/SoftMaker/Settings/of2018.lic to /usr/share/SoftMaker/ ...although in teh past I think the file might have been under ~/.softmaker/ somewhere. In any event, got it figured out.
dowdle

Re: [SOLVLED] Academic License: How to install for multiple users

Post by dowdle »

Make that /usr/share/office2018 and not /usr/share/SoftMaker.

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”