Linux Softmaker and PDF Editor

jensxxl

Linux Softmaker and PDF Editor

Post by jensxxl »

Since you don't offer a PDF Editor, you could consider bundling, co-selling or collaboration with these guys:

https://code-industry.net/masterpdfeditor/

Never hurts to ask.
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Re: Linux Softmaker and PDF Editor

Post by Michael Uplawski »

There may be a use for a PDF-Editor.

But I do not see it (yet). A PDF-file is the result of a conversion. And even if you scan a document straight into a PDF-file, it is so. So there is an original file and a converted (PDF) Document. If you are the author of the original file, you should modify the original file, then re-create the PDF. If PDF were just yet another way to create readable documents, be they portable or not, its right of existence would have been put into question too often, already.

You do as you please. But just like editing executable program files with a hex-editor does not make sense most of the time, I tend to say the same for the cases, where PDF-documents are ... what do you call it ? “edited”.

If you are not the author of the original file.., then you should ask the guy to do the changes for you. If you are used to distribute PDF-files in a network of people or an enterprise and wish to alter those files, as it must be part of your workflow, then your workflow is seriously flawed...

I appreciate a listing of use-cases that seriously necessitate that PDF-documents be edited, provided that my above considerations are not ignored.
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
jensxxl

Post by jensxxl »

I guess you can tell Adobe that there is no use for Adobe Acrobat. The Free viewer is enough :roll:
Michael Uplawski
Location: Canton Magny (previously Canton Carrouges), Orne, Normandy (previously Lower Normandy)

Post by Michael Uplawski »

jensxxl wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:16 am I guess you can tell Adobe that there is no use for Adobe Acrobat. The Free viewer is enough :roll:
Strong argument, that.
Many people have cancer. So it must be good for something. My post, above, was more specific and my irony will sweep yours away, if it must. I have produced more PDF documents than you-, and yes, I just know that it is so-, and have never ever had any use for a PDF-editor.

It is still my lack of experience which makes me ask for use-cases. But I bet, you do not have any.
Hindsight is in the eye of the beholder.
zl1bjq

Post by zl1bjq »

My fondness for PDF files for some of my documents was the cross platform compatibility and also the difficulty of editing them. I would like to think my documents could not be altered. I seem to recall PDF file can be "locked".

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2018 for Linux (General)”