How to call a BasicMaker function from a PlanMaker cell

JimMellish

How to call a BasicMaker function from a PlanMaker cell

Post by JimMellish »

I have puzzled over this for many hours and I can't find a single example of how to do this.

I don't want to control PlanMaker from BasicMaker, just put the result of a BasicMaker function into a cell.

I have a file Jim.bas with the following:

Code: Select all

function JimJam as integer
	JimJam = 1000
end function
In my spreadsheet I expect to enter '=JimJam' into a cell and see the result 1000 in the cell. All i Get is the '#NAME' error. Obviously I have to get my spreadsheet to see Jim.bas, but how ? I have tried using the file manager and Jim.bas is visible but that doesn't help. What do I need to do ?

Jim
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How to call a BasicMaker function from a PlanMaker cell

Post by martin-k »

No, there is no such integration to add BasicMaker functions as PlanMaker functions (it doesn't work this way in Excel either).

You can run a BasicMaker script that executes a calculation and uses the PlanMaker OLE commands to insert the result in a cell.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
JimMellish

Re: How to call a BasicMaker function from a PlanMaker cell

Post by JimMellish »

I'm sure you can do this from Excel. A google search for "excel call vba function" which takes me to a page from "Excel VBA Programming for Dummies" where it says the following:
Now it’s time to call this VBA Function procedure from a worksheet formula. Activate a worksheet in the same workbook that holds the CubeRoot function definition. Then enter the following formula in any cell:

=CubeRoot(1728)

The cell displays 12, which is indeed the cube root of 1,728.

Return to “BasicMaker 2018 for Windows”