Possible to create 'Replace' script for TextMaker?

Sir Lauren

Possible to create 'Replace' script for TextMaker?

Post by Sir Lauren »

I'm sorry to bother everyone with this question as either it is VERY easy (in which case I'll be embarrassed) or it is simply impossible or not how scripts work (in which case I'll be embarrassed as well).

Essentially, I want to create a script that will automate a series of 'Replace' commands for words that I always abbreviate for RPG gaming documents. For example, I always change "Level" to "Lvl", "Initiative" to "Init", "Perception" to "Perc", "Fortitude" to "Fort", etc. So, instead of doing this manually every time for every word, I was hoping to create a single 'Replace' script that I could run from within TextMaker that would encompass all of the words that I want to be abbreviated.

If this is possible, would someone please tell me the steps and show an example of how it should look using two words as an example? I could then use this as a template to enter the other words on my own.

Thank you in advance for your time in helping me and Apologies for my ignorance!
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Possible to create 'Replace' script for TextMaker?

Post by Jossi »

Not quite sure if I understand you correctly. Do you want to change existing documents you get from somebody else or do you want to type "Level" and get "Lvl" as result?
Sir Lauren

Re: Possible to create 'Replace' script for TextMaker?

Post by Sir Lauren »

The former - change existing text to the abbreviated form. So instead of having to do multiple 'Replace' commands (there are about 8-10 that I constantly abbreviate), I'd like to be able to just run a single script that would perform all of them.
I hope that this makes it more clear and Thank You for your time!

Return to “BasicMaker 2018 for Windows”