Can no longer copy a slide between presentations

kamikun

Can no longer copy a slide between presentations

Post by kamikun »

Since the last update, I can no longer copy a slide from one presentation and paste it to another presentation. At least, not completely.

When pasting a copied slide to a different presentation, all that is pasted are the text boxes, text content and images. The slide design is lost. Even if you paste to a presentation that uses the same design, the pasted slide will show up with a white background (i.e. no design).

This bug is very frustrating. As a teacher, I make presentations that often share some (but not all) content between classes. Now, I can no longer take a slide from presentation A , and a slide from presentation B, and then stick them into presentation C. Frankly without this feature, Presentations (as a software package) is useless for me and I will have to move to something else.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can no longer copy a slide between presentations

Post by sven-l »

And it worked before the update (rev.960) with exactly the same slide? Could you please provide a sample? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
kamikun

Post by kamikun »

Thank you for replying!

Yes, it worked perfectly before the update to 960.

So, let me try my best to explain - because I've discovered some other weird issues connected with this.

Open an existing presentation. Open another existing presentation. The copying behavior before would be: copy a slide by right clicking on the slide in the preview pane and selecting copy. This slide could now be pasted to another open presentation. The slide would retain all of its characteristics (background image, style, layout, animation scheme, etc.) in the new presentation.
Now, the pasted slide no longer retains its background (a white default background appears) and animations and timings seem also to be lost.

Trying to workaround - if you a create a new slide in the target presentation and then try to cut and paste the content from the pasted slide into it - the animations are not only missing... the program will not allow you to apply new animations!

I have to create a new slide, use the provided style, and cut and paste the text content only. This means every time I want to use a copy of a slide, I have to manually edit it into a new slide in the target presentation to get it to work... which makes using the program impractical!

I would be happy to provide two old files if you cannot reproduce this bug.

thank you for any help you can provide
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Please send the sample files to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
kamikun

Post by kamikun »

hi. samples sent.

thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide.
romraptor

Post by romraptor »

The background is included when I paste a from one slide in one document to another slide in another document. I'm using Mac though.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Please accept our apologize for the long delay. Due to a very heavy amount of inquiries it was unfortunately not possible to answer earlier.
I was able to reproduce the issue and I'm going to report it to the developers.

Return to “Presentations 2018 for Windows”