SmartArt and Transitions

tekkaman

SmartArt and Transitions

Post by tekkaman »

Hello,

I've been looking for a Microsoft Office replacement. I'm tired of MS expensive and invasive approach. The way that it adds programs and services that run in startup and spies on users is unacceptable to me. I've tried many office suites including Corel, LibreOffice, OpenOffice and WPS Office. I love Openoffice stability and productivity. I can produce great work there. But it lacks compatibility with MS documents. The product is good. But the compatibility issues can't be ignored. So far the closest in terms of compatibility seem to be WPS Office and Softmaker Office. I like that Softmaker Office opens instantly even though my PC is quite old. But Presentations don't seem to work as they should. First, it seems smart art are not supported at all. And I have some problems with animations and transitions not completing the sequence and freezing. It looks like the program crashed but if I press alt,ctrl,delete I can get back to the main interface.

My specs:
CPU: Phenom II X4 910e 2.6Ghz
Ram: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
Video: Ati HD 4670 512MB PCIE
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: SmartArt and Transitions

Post by sven-l »

I will refer your feedback to the product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

tekkaman wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:26 am And I have some problems with animations and transitions not completing the sequence and freezing. It looks like the program crashed but if I press alt,ctrl,delete I can get back to the main interface.
Could you please attach a sample file or send one to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
romraptor

Post by romraptor »

I made a PowerPoint file with SmartArt and it worked fine in Presentations. I'm using Mac OS though.
johnbear

Post by johnbear »

I have a similar issue with Presentations Autoshapes. I use Autoshapes a lot in slide animations, and for the most part SoftMaker does a pretty decent job when presented in PowerPoint Viewer. However, it appears that the vectors for Autoshapes lines and arrows get scrambled when using PowerPoint Viewer. It works fine viewed with SoftMaker - but get scrambled with PPT Viewer. Possibly a 90* rotation error.
Example image is attached.
Attachments
SMP Arrow Error.gif
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Please attach a sample file. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Presentations 2018 for Windows”