Can't save a presentation

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for FreeOffice Presentations 2018 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Theoel

Can't save a presentation

Post by Theoel » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi, they don't work all the commands "save", "save as" and "save all". I can only export a presentation as Pdf or image. Thanks

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't save a presentation

Post by miguel-c » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:55 pm

Some time ago Microsoft released a feature called Controlled Folder Access, which blocks 'Unauthorized' programs from making changes to certain folders.
This is an anti-ransomware feature to help prevent your data files from being encrypted by ransomware.

The folders protected by default are your- Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, Favorites, and your Desktop folders.
You can add other folders to the protection list.

However, Controlled Folder Access works on a "block everything by default" basis.
Of course, Microsoft's own software is allowed through by default.

But if you use a 3rd party application you may find that it suddenly cannot save to your Documents (or other protected) folder.

Any 3rd party programs/application that tries to save to, or delete something from, one of the protected folders may be blocked.
(And if you have turned off notifications you will be scratching your head as to why).

It's not clear yet just how many 3rd party programs this affects, it seems that some are affected some are not.

Did you activate a feature called Controlled Folder Access in Windows? This is nice in theory (it helps protect against ransomware), but is stupidly implemented by Microsoft. If you have activated this feature, you must add all folders that SoftMaker Office accesses to its exception list. This especially includes the folder My Documents\SoftMaker and ALL folders below it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ity-center

Theoel

Post by Theoel » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:36 am

Hi again and thank you for your help and your reply.

I checked the settings and this feature is not activated. I unistall avast security and activate the windows defender with the above feature not activated. I must say that planmaker and textmaker works perfectly. I can also work and save presentations that I ¨ve already have in my files with the command save and only with that. But I can't make any new one from the beggining.

I have win 10 home 64bit and the latest version FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 rev 973.1103 32bit.

I i would appreciate your help because I cant work with presentation and I desperatly need it.

Thanks in advance

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm

I would then suggest you to do the following:
1. exit all applications
2. rename the folder Documents\SoftmMaker to Documents\SoftMaker-Old
3. Open Presentations and check if the problem is gone.

Theoel

Post by Theoel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm

The problem remain with the same way.
The other two programms works perfectly but I can not save (or save as) a new presentation.
If you have think any other suggestion I would appreciate it.

Theo

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:09 pm

It would be good to know what the exact error message is. A screenshot would be fine as well.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Theoel

Post by Theoel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:54 pm

When I try to save the document, it does not appear any window or any error message. It just don't do it.

When I try to save on the other two programs (and of course to all programs), a window pop up and you can determine the name and the place that you want for your docoument.

For this program, that just not happens. It does not respond. But it happens with the command "export as" PDF or IMAGE.

When I try to close a presentation from the command 'closure' X, (up and right) a pop up window appears. But when I try to press on "yes", it just don't do it. I can only press the 'no' and close the programm without saving

So I haven't any screen shot to send you.

Theo

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 pm

Found it: There is a bug in the Greek translation of Presentations 2018. An asterisk is missing at a place where it is essential.

This will be fixed in the next service pack. In the meantime, switch the Presentations user interface to any other language.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Theoel

Post by Theoel » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:20 pm

I did it and it works!
Thank you very match for your time and your support.
Your program its great and better than Office!

Theo

Return to “FreeOffice Presentations 2018 for Windows”