How do I lock adjacent cells?

DaveE

How do I lock adjacent cells?

Post by DaveE »

Apologies for my inexperience.

I want to create a spreadsheet with 3 or 4 columns and as many rows as needed.
I want to lock the rows together (horizontally) so if I move the first row, all the other rows adjacent to the right move with it.
I'm sure it's easy if you know how but I never use spreadsheets.
Obliged.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How do I lock adjacent cells?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your requirement, but it's confusing.

A row is a group of horizontal cells which are together, and a column is vertical. So, if you have 4 columns, and you moved row number 5 then all 4 cells of this row will move together, starting from A to D (i.e. range A5:D5).

Please let us know the requirement in detail so that we can help you with this.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Thanks for replying.
I know what rows and columns are but I'll expand my question a bit. As previously stated I don't use spreadsheets and there may be a better way to do this:
I want to store some passwords in Planmaker.
!st column would be website - 2nd column username and 3rd column password.
I'd enter them at random but would like to alphabetize them under website. Obviously the username and password should follow.
I'm not in front of the computer that has Planmaker installed at the moment - but (and perhaps I was doing something wrong) it didn't work correctly (ie follow) when I tried it yesterday.

Any advice/assistance appreciated.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for further clarity. Please enter your data in the columns and whenever you want to sort the data, please select all three columns before sorting so that all three columns will be sort together.

If you select only the first column, then PlanMaker will sort data of that column only.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”