Adding CSV data file to an existing spreadsheet?

wbrells

Adding CSV data file to an existing spreadsheet?

Post by wbrells »

Every month I create a new CSV file containing information on current stock and bond holdings. I would like to add this CSV data to an existing spreadsheet containing many months of data. I'm not sure how to do this, or if it is even possible! I COULD keep a cumulative file containing all the CSV records and use that file to create a new spreadsheet every month, but that is cumbersome and not very "elegant". Is there, hopefully, a better approach? Thanks, Wayne
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Adding CSV data file to an existing spreadsheet?

Post by SuperTech »

If all the files have the same structure, one way is to open your new file, copy all data, goto existing file, goto last record by using <Ctrl+Down>, paste your data into it and save.

The second approach is copying the new sheet in the existing workbook so you will have separate sheets for every month.

Thanks
wbrells

Post by wbrells »

I suspect the first approach of copying the new entries into the "master" worksheet is probably the best approach. Creating a new sheet for every month would make it more difficult to generate reports based on ALL the data... Thanks, Wayne
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

You could also open both CSV files in notepad++ and append them there or even create a batch file to do it with one click.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”