"Format as Table" or Alternating Colors

arthur2020

"Format as Table" or Alternating Colors

Post by arthur2020 »

Hello -

I want and need either of the subject options (their equivalent) available to really switch. A test of freeoffice at least a couple years ago indicated PlanMaker did not have this option - is this still the case? I need the format as table (excel) or alternating colors (google sheets) to switch. Or, is it called something else? I need to be able to add and remove rows and have SoftMaker manage the alternating colors for me. I use this ALL THE TIME in both spreadsheet products I've mentioned. Thank you!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: "Format as Table" or Alternating Colors

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, we already have this option in our PlanMaker 2018 also. After selecting range on which you want to apply table/style please check Ribbon tab Insert | Table
There you can choose the table style as per requirements. Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Thanks
InsertTablePM.png
useruser

Post by useruser »

Where did it go ?

It is not showing in current version:

This is really very important.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You are using FreeOffice. This feature is only available in the commercial version, SoftMaker Office.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
adpd777

Post by adpd777 »

Hello.

I was looking to do the same, but if in the free version, this isn't available, then this is a very serious downgrade, most of important reports needs a colorful table, even to do a paper work for highschool, as users, we can't show something in black and white, the idea to use a free software, is to avoid using software, from the 2 worst companies ever: Google and Microsoft; but if you're taking out options of your software just to make money, then you're turning as those companies too, I thought that your idea of creating a free software, was to help users, but it looks that everything changes.

If this option is only is available in the commercial version, then, there's no reason to continue using this product, and you're forcing us (users), to look for better alternatives or return to Libre Office, which they have made a lot of improvements.

Well, thanks anyway for everything, it looks I'll have to return to Libre Office again.

Goodbye.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

It may totally surprise you, but our developers want to feed their families too. And this works by paying them a salary every month. And this works by charging (very moderate) prices for our software. This has been so since the company was founded in 1987.

Yes, we give out a lot of free software: FreeOffice, FreePDF, free fonts. But this does not mean that we give away everything for free. Why? See previous paragraph.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”