PMDX showing file not supported

rcl252

PMDX showing file not supported

Post by rcl252 »

I have been using the same .pmdx file for over 3 years and while working my system was restarted and now the pmdx file just shows file not supported when it tries to open..The .bak file also wont open.. Please help is there anything else I can do to recover the file or view it?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PMDX showing file not supported

Post by SuperTech »

Please send us your PlanMaker file on which you have this issue along with the backup file. If you would like to send it to us privately, please send us an e-mail to forum[at]softmaker.de. I am not sure if we will able to recover it or not as it is corrupted but we will do our best efforts for you.
Please also include the forum URL of this topic so that we can trace your e-mail.
https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=300&t=19629

Thanks
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

I received your files and forwarded them to the developers.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Sorry, but only the first 600 bytes of both files have content, the rest is filled with zeros.

The files are essentially empty :-(
sitges

Post by sitges »

I have the same matter
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please check your file after updating your SoftMaker Office to the latest update and if you are still getting the same error, please send us your file for further investigation.

Thanks
beautifulday

Post by beautifulday »

Good day!

I use planmaker a lot for my spreadsheet needs. Lately, the data i encode under .pmdx keeps disappearing. Am hoping I can retrieve them in a .bak file that was created alongside the .pmdx file. May I know how to open or what software to use the .bak file? Thanks so much!!
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can revert any file to the previous version from ribbon command File | File Management| Versions | Revert to previous version, this will open version manager dialog from which you can choose different versions to revert.

Or you can just double click on the *.pmbak file which will open it in PlanMaker and will give you the option to open version manager or open that backup file so that you can save as to new file.

Thanks

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”