Remove old external references

keithm

Remove old external references

Post by keithm »

Hello. I have a sheet with a number of external references (to another file in the same folder). I have renamed both the active file and the target file, and manually redirected all references from the old file to the new. When I open the active file, a dialog shows (as expected) asking whether to update external references. 'Yes' brings up a second dialog stating ''some could not be found' and stored values will be used.
'Worksheet'<'External references' brings up the edit dialog, with both the current target file listed as OK and the old and now non existent target file name listed as file not found.
Highlight the current file, go through via 'next' and all external references are correct, and the new and current file identifier shows in the input field. Highlight the old file, and using the 'previous' and 'back' buttons, the cursor moves to each of the cells previously referenced to that file (and now referenced to the replacement file), and the old file name and address appears in the input field. Click 'change', enter the new file name and location and a dialog tells me 'file already referenced'.
How do I get rid of the old references and clear the old file from the external references edit dialog?
Regards, KeithM
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Remove old external references

Post by miguel-c »

Go to the classic menu:
WorkSheet > External references

If you can't fix it there, please post the file here, or email it to forum(at)softmaker.de
keithm

Post by keithm »

Hello Miguel-c, and thanks for your reply.
You tell me to go to Worksheet<External references, but most of my post was explaining what happens when I do go to this dialogue and go through the process.
I am emailing the two sheets which I have filleted to remove any sensitive information.
I note that when I now, on these filleted sheets go through the 'external references' dialogue on opening the 2020 version, the references are back to the unfilleted versions as I would expect, and still to the non existent file for 'Marchline...'
The point of my query is "how do I get rid of references to that non existent file?"
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, I forwarded the issue to the developers.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Excel has a functionality called "Break link".
When you click on it, Excel replaces all formula cells that use the selected source workbook with their actual value, the formula is removed.
Is that what you are looking for in PlanMaker?

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”