Don't like new ribbon toolbar

bertie11

Don't like new ribbon toolbar

Post by bertie11 »

I've just upgraded to Planmaker 2018 and I really do not like the new ribbon layout.

Is it possible for me to revert to the 2016 layout? I'm having to spend so much time trying to get to grips with the new layout!

Thanks
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Don't like new ribbon toolbar

Post by Jossi »

If the ribbon interface is active, go to "File", click "Options", tab "Appearance", click "User interface" and choose one of the Classic menus (light or dark). PlanMaker has to be restarted after that.
Unfortunately, due to internal program changes, individual adjustments of the toolbars made in SMO 2016 are not transferred automatically to 2018. One has to do it all over again.
bertie11

Post by bertie11 »

OK, thanks Jossi. Can't say I like it, as I don't use Planmaker very much so I'm effectively starting over. I would have been happy to have kept 2016 but it was no longer compatible (it told me).

I have enough going on at the moment and I don't want or need to learn it all over again. In the past I have been able to upgrade without any problems but not this build.

Perhaps I need to try Libra on one of the others, I need to get a refund first from Softmaker.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Ha, if you want to use LibreOffice, you have to learn _their_ interface.

As Jossi said, you can switch SoftMaker Office 2018 back to the old menus and toolbars that you know.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
bertie11

Post by bertie11 »

Oh dear. I really must pay attention. I had already done as Jossi had suggested but had forgotten to do the restart!

Cue much embarrassment and hanging of head.

My apologies all round, and yes, Libre would have been an even stiffer challenge to my decreasing powers of concentration. :oops: :roll: :?
copycraft

Post by copycraft »

Switching from classic to ribbon is a good feature.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”