PlanMaker 2018 Excel Date format

Nanouk

PlanMaker 2018 Excel Date format

Post by Nanouk »

I have discovered that PlanMaker resets date format to DDMMYYYY from my default MMDDYYYY only after the spreadsheet has been saved by an Excel 2013 and > program. As long as it has not been saved, PlanMaker continues to display my reset US date format of MMDDYYYY.

It would appear that PM 2018 is reading something in the saved *.xslx file after Excel has touched it and reverting to its default Euro Date format DDMMYYYY.

Any ideas or work arounds?
Thanks,
Paul Nanouk
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PlanMaker 2018 Excel Date format

Post by sven-l »

It seems that this problem has not been solved yet. I asked the developers for a solution.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
markp

Post by markp »

I just ran into the same issue; PlanMaker has gone through my spreadsheet and converted all of my MM/DD/YYYY dates to DD/MM/YYYY

I've also noticed ... the cell/format has defaulted to language=German even though my overall default is US/English ... and if I try to update the cell with US/English + MM/DD/YYYY formats => PlanMaker then wipes out my cell border settings ... *ARG* !!!!!!
markp

Post by markp »

I just ran into his issue with a spreadsheet I had been maintaining with Excel.

While PlanMaker is configured with English/US as the default language, PlanMaker opted to use a German language setting to modify my date formats from MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY.

Even worse ... when I reconfigured the cells to use English/US + MM/DD/YYYY ... PlanMaker then trashed my border settings for the cells in question; it appears that I have to go through and verify the settings for all cell options (format, border, shading, etc) even though I'm only modifying one setting (format in this case). WTF?!?!?!

And to compound the issues ... when I try to go back and reset the borders (now trashed by PlanMaker) ... PlanMaker isn't capable of reading/applying the correct border setting (eg, I pick solid line + 2pt and it generates solid line + 1pt; if I pick double underline it generates a combination of double underline + solid line + 1pt). *fricken* *fracken* @#$)(*@#%@ !!!!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, I reported this issue to developers and will let you know when there's a solution.
tothcsaba

Post by tothcsaba »

Hello,

The default format of date for hungarian is DD.MM.YYYY and can't possible to change.

When will be fix this BUG.

Thank You!
Attachments
Screenshot_22.png
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, PlanMaker takes the date format from Windows. You can change Windows's date format on your Windows Control Panel, under Region.
tothcsaba

Post by tothcsaba »

OK!
I did it, but nothing changes!

Thank You!
Attachments
Screenshot_29.png
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Please click on custom (Egyéni) and change NN.HH.ÉÉÉÉ;@ to ÉÉÉÉ. HH. NN.;@
Capture.PNG
tothcsaba

Post by tothcsaba »

I know, this is the solution for the problem, but you said some posts before "PlanMaker takes the date format from Windows". So, maybe something wrong with the PlanMaker code.
It's just a remark for the future builds, maybe take eyes on it.

Thank You!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

I've just reported this issue to the developers. Thank you for your feedback!
DannyFree

Post by DannyFree »

Found this great forum when starting to use FreeOffice.
I came from LibreOffice because I found it buggy. But this was not promising.
Anyway. I stumbled upon a solution.
Use a custom format:
customdateformat.png
customdateformat.png (8.74 KiB) Viewed 12655 times
It seems to work good. But you have to flip your mind everytime you write the date to the cell :)

I live in Sweden and Windows is set to YYYY-MM-DD but that does not change this. It seems it does NOT read system setting but uses their own.
J-Mac

Post by J-Mac »

Still screwing up the date format! Windows 10 Pro set to English, yet cells with dates show as DDMMYYYY. And just below the selection window for cell format the language specified is German.

This bug has been present in all versions of Softmaker Office for the last 10 years. I don't know that I can keep using it. Too tired of continually addressing this problem.

Jim
J-Mac
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

For English, this issue is not present in the latest revision. Are you using the latest revision? If yes, please share a screenshot and a sample file.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”