Problem loading pmdx

Princy557

Problem loading pmdx

Post by Princy557 »

HI
I have a pmdx which contains lots of links. It's basically a quick access to assorted docs and pmdx and graphics files.
I use the same MainList.pmdx on two or three different computers.
However there are one or two changes I have to make to the file depending on which system it is on.
The changes are that on one system the 'Mainlist.pmdx' is held on the desktop of C: drive and data files are held on the D: drive
Meanwhile the other two computers systems it is held on the Desktop off C: and the data is on C: also

Windows 10 PC1 Mainlist.pmdx on desktop off C: Double click on icon and runs correctly. Including changes made to MainList.pmdx
Windows 10 PC2 Mainlist.pmdx on desktop of C: Double click on icons and runs correctly, including changes made to Mainlist.pmdx
Windows 7 PC 3 MainList.pmdx on dektop of C: Double click on Icon, see attached snap for what happens, then PlanMaker open the program but not the pmdx.
Capture_2018.11.03_23h18m45s_001_C--Users-Kevin-Desktop-MainList-pmdx.jpg
What do I need to do to make it work correctly.
All updated pmdx, doc, etc files are replicated by my NAS backup at the time of saving.
Regards

Princy557
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem loading pmdx

Post by sven-l »

Please send us a sample file to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Princy557

Post by Princy557 »

HI Sven et al.

PC 1 (W10 Pro)
Created ‘TestingMain.pmdx’, entered three link names in it. Saved in folder Test.
Created three files TestList1 - TestList3 pmdx. Entered some junk info. Saved in Folder Test.
Opened ‘TestingMain.pmdx’, edited the lines making them hyperlinks to the three files. ‘TestingMain.pmdx’ was then save to Desktop.
Closed Planmaker.
Double clicked on ‘TestingMain.pmdx’ on the desktop Opens OK, links all work.

All files were saved in an area which is on my NAS and makes an copy to the other computers on my system.

PC 2 (W7 Pro)
Opened the file copy in the NAS copy area. Then saved it to the desktop on PC 2
Double clicked on the icon on the desktop to get the following.

However if I open Planmaker, use Open, select the file TestingMain.pmdx from the list it opens fine.

I am administrator on both PC’s, signed in as such as well.

Any alteration to TestList1-3 are duly reflected over the network. So Pc1 can open them with no problems using the desktop icon.
Attachments
TestList2.pmdx
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
TestList1.pmdx
(5.73 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
TestingMain.pmdx
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Regards

Princy557
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Thank you for the sample files. So far I couldn't reproduce the issue here in Windows 10 with PlanMaker 2018 64bit rev.938. It seems that the issue only occurs when you use Windows 7 and open the file via double click on the NAS. Is that correct?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”