Bug - CSV separater selection issue

techys

Bug - CSV separater selection issue

Post by techys »

When saving spreadsheet as a CSV file, the default separator is a comma. However, it becomes an issue if there were originally commas in the text themselves. The logical idea for the user is to use a different separator, like a semi-colon, to avoid a problem like this.

This is not so.

The problem is that when semi-colons were selected, not only the separators were changed to semi-colon, but the original commas in the text were also changed to semi-colon as well. The cause of this bug was probably because the program modifies the existing text shown to the user directly rather than reloading the text from the spreadsheet itself.

The current workaround I used was to remove the commas with spaces with 'Replace' since those text were the same for each row. But for some people this may not work (if the text that has comma is a variable).
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Bug - CSV separater selection issue

Post by sven-l »

Please attach a sample file or send it to forum(at)softmaker.com- Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
techys

Re: Bug - CSV separater selection issue

Post by techys »

Hmmm, strange. When I tried to reproduce the issue it seems to be working as I wanted (which is good). I'm suspecting what may have happened was I thought I chose semi-colon, but it may have ended up being commas again, which resulted in the wrong split of text. I'll replicate the problem next time before making a hasty report. Sorry for the false positive report.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”