Problem opening files

werkni

Problem opening files

Post by werkni »

Hoping some of the experts here can help me solve my problem with PlanMaker 2018....

Background: I am the Membership Officer for our local HD (Harley Davidson HOG) group and have to maintain membership rosters which are located on a server.......

When I download the rosters from the server the only available format is Excel Workbook........I am able to open and edit these downloaded Excel files with MS Excel 2010 and 2016 as well as from the FREE Office alternatives......

When I download and try to open with PlanMaker 2018 this is what I see when I first open the file and I have tried all the available options from the drop downs but the results is completely unusable and all the fields are filled with different characters....

See first Image below

For now I have found a work-around in by uploading the problem file into Google Docs which opens it correctly.......I can then download the file from Google back to my computer and it opens correctly.....

See second image below

After going the above steps PlanMaker will now open the file downloaded from Google correctly...

See last Image below

Your thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated......
Attachments
PlanMaker Problem.png
Google Docs blured.png
Corrected with google docs.png
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem opening files

Post by sven-l »

I fear we would need a sample file to be able to help you in this case. If possible, please send a sample (you can alter all the content in the file for privacy reasons) to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
werkni

Post by werkni »

Where do I send the sample file to.......
werkni

Post by werkni »

I sent a support request email through Support on SoftMaker site....

send in sever screenshots as well as the problem file for your engineers to work with...

Hopefully, SoftMaker will find a solution.

Thank You

Kip

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”