Dropdown lists

seasidepb

Dropdown lists

Post by seasidepb »

I need to create a dropdown list in a cell using data from another sheet in the workbook (it's a product list). I want to click on an item in that dropdown and have it inserted directly in the same cell, so that queries can find it. I can do this in Excel and LibreOffice Calc by using the Data Validation command. The nearest equivalent I can find in Planmaker is the insert/form object/dropdown command, but this doesn't actually return the name of the selected product - just a number signifying its position in the list, in another cell, and so it's useless.
Strangely, if I set up the dropdown list as required in Excel or Calc, then open the xlsx file in Planmaker, Planmaker handles it properly, so I have a workaround, but if Planmaker appears to know how to handle the code I'm wondering if there's a way of setting it up directly in the program.
Be grateful for some advice. Thanks...
Robin Holt

Re: Dropdown lists

Post by Robin Holt »

The command that you're looking for in PM is "Input Validation". The Help file has a pretty complete description, just search on that phrase.
seasidepb

Re: Dropdown lists

Post by seasidepb »

Thanks Robin! In the ribbon version this is in the Review tab, where I'd never have thought to look for it (and the help files don't cover the ribbon at the moment). Perhaps this is something for the developers to think about. To me logically it belongs in the Data tab where there are already commands about marking invalid entries. But at least my problem's been solved!

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”