Autofilter crashes plan maker

grant837

Autofilter crashes plan maker

Post by grant837 »

Hi,
When I load an xls, but also make a new spreadsheet, and use autofilter, Planmaker crashes when I click on any of the little carrots at the tope of the sheet. I uninstalled both SoftMaker 2018 and 2016 and re-installed 2018 and the problem is still there.
Let me know if I can do anything to help you find the error. I sent an error report, but could not include the xls because the data is private. I can always make another one and crash the software again and send that file with the report... etc.
Grant
grant837

Re: Autofilter crashes plan maker

Post by grant837 »

Hi, has anyone tried this to see if its a common problem. SoftMaker has not replied to my error report (nor here). Hope they saw this and will fix it in the next fix package.
Regards, Grant
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Are you sure you run the latest update? Click on the ? icon in the ribbon, then Check for updates.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
grant837

Post by grant837 »

Hi Martin.
(I see I have this under Textmaker, but the problem should be under Plan... sorry about that)
Yes, I have been waiting for the announced update so check it daily. I am running Trial 2018 (rev918.1128) 64bit
I checked today again, and still have the same problem, even with a 3x4 table :-(
Thanks for your attention
Grant
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

918.1128 is the current version. If you have a crash with the AutoFilter, it would be best to send us the crash report that the software offers to send on the next start. If that is not possible, then please upload the problematic XLS file here and provide step-by-step instructions what to do to reproduce the problem.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
grant837

Post by grant837 »

I have submitted 2 crash reports on this with no reply.

I just submitted it again, with a file

Just open this file, click on one of the carrots on the autofiltered table, and then click on the table again... for me it will alway crash, any file.
Attachments
Test.xlsx
(5.83 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
ckit

Post by ckit »

I can't reproduce this crash.
However, I can crash (not responding) PlanMaker 2018 b918 by clicking top left corner part of the worksheet so every cell is selected and then Data -> Sort -> Ascending on the Ribbon toolbar!

Kind of fun to do too LOL
grant837

Post by grant837 »

Thanks for checking, and confirming that auto filter has, one way or another, a bud.... I can not justify paying for the upgrade with his clear error in place.. but I accept it going to be a hard one for the SoftMaker team to figure out and solve... in the mean time, I will, unfortunately, stick with the 2016 version I paid for.... And I have to admit I am saddened but the lake of attention to a clear, documented, and submitted but... and their lack of providing an update during the last 30 days, which they keep using as an excuse to solving the problem real-time.... I woud be happy to socially promote their generally good offer to my network if I could trust that they solved issues asap...
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

I will check this and inform the developers. Please send a crash report everytime a crash occurs. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
grant837

Post by grant837 »

I would send more crash reports but my trial ran out, and I can not really justify paying to upgrade to 2018 if it does not work for me :-o
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

We tried to reproduce the crash here on Windows 7 64bit and Windows 10 64bit but PlanMaker did not crash with your sample file. Can anybody else confirm this crash?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
grant837

Post by grant837 »

Hi, Sorry, I thought I had replied some time ago. I installed the trial of 2018 on another system, and there I do not have the Autocrash problem. So its a bit of an odd problem, but one I would need to have fixed if I was to upgrade.... but I can help you since I can not use the trial any more... its kind of a catch 22 I guess...
sorins

Post by sorins »

The problem is still active in Plan Maker 2018 but only for xls files. If I save a xls file with autofilter on the result is a bid xls file : 23 MB instead of 12KB without autofilter.
sorins

Post by sorins »

PS: Don't set autofilter on entire row! :lol:
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

sorins wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:16 am The problem is still active in Plan Maker 2018 but only for xls files. If I save a xls file with autofilter on the result is a bid xls file : 23 MB instead of 12KB without autofilter.
Please attach a sample file. Until now we weren't able to reproduce the crash here.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”