Freeze panes bug

hwl.gmx

Freeze panes bug

Post by hwl.gmx »

There is a freeze panes bug in both 2016 and 2018 Office:
*If you activate freeze panes then hold left-click, the mouse cursor would get dragged to the left (with the corresponding cells selected).

Minor bug but it's annoying to work with wide spreadsheets where usually freeze panes are activated.
I'm not sure whether it's a feature or a bug but I don't see the use of it. It happens even with a newly created blank document. If it is a feature, then please let me know how to turn it off.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Freeze panes bug

Post by sven-l »

Could you please describe step by step where exactly you click and what you do? I tried to find a bug here but it all works properly.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Hi Sven,

FYI the bug appears when you are working from a secondary monitor. Using the primary monitor (in my case: laptop) the freeze window does not make a selection drag every time left mouse button is clicked.

I even record a video for you, but I can't attach it due to invalid file extension, so I don't know how to show you the bug.
You should try activating the freeze window function and then use a secondary monitor..you will see what I meant.

Regards,
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Please upload the video (e.g. to dropbox or Google drive) and just send us the link. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Hi Sven,

Here you go: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... l5UyouiNK7
What I did was only activate the freeze window / freeze pane and then left click at anywhere within the spreadsheet table and then it would start make a selection drag to the left.

As said previously this only happens on a multiple monitor configuration (secondary screen)..using the primary screen this issue does not appear.

Regards,
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

I use a secondary screen but was still not able to reproduce. So I assume it has something todo with the file you are using. Could you please attach it here or send it to forum(at)softmaker.com referring to this thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

The document I was using in the short video was created from a new blank document.
It happens to an existing document too, so I don't think the file has to do anything with the bug.
Whatever spreadsheet file I'm using via Planmaker, it would start making the selection drag to the left as in the video (using secondary screen).

If that does not happen in your PC, let me try to reproduce the issue in another PC.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

A new service pack has been released meanwhile. Does it still happen wit the current revision 920?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Hi Sven,

Sorry I got caught in an extreme work load I didn't have time to try and install the software in other PC.
FYI the issue still exist in the latest patch.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

I was not yet able to reproduce hat issue here. Could you please send us your sminfo.txt? You can create it in the Help=>About dialog in PlanMaker. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Hi Sven,

There seems to be an awful lot of private data in the sminfo, I'm not comfortable posting it in the forum. What is the technical support email address? I would prefer to send it directly by email.

Regards,
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Nevermind, I got the technical support email at forum(at)softmaker.de ,correct?
Sent the requested sminfo.txt hopefully you guys can reproduce the issue and find a solution.
Thanks!
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

I edited your post, so that the e-mail address is not written there in plain text as spam bots will read and use it.

Yes, the e-mail address is correct. Thank ou!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Hi Sven,

FYI the latest patch update for Softmaker Office 2018 (received it 1-2 days ago) hasn't fixed the freeze pane bug.
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Sven,

I tried using the secondary monitor using two different setup in the same laptop:
1. Work: 2nd screen on the left - has the freeze pane bug.
2. Home: 2nd screen on the right - works fine.

So as unusual as it sounds, the bug appeared when I setup the 2nd screen on my left. It's working okay with it setup on the right. Please note that you only need to change the placement setup in the video card driver configuration / display settings (not necessarily need to change the physical placement of the 2nd screen).

Thought this could be a useful info for your team to solve the issue. Let me know if this means anything.

Regards,

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”