Freeze panes bug

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Freeze panes bug

Post by sven-l »

Thank you for the useful information. Please attach your sminfo.txt here. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
geofff

Post by geofff »

Hi,

I'm also getting this bug

I'm also using a 2nd screen and freeze headings.

When I click on, say, cell L116, I get L117 to L36 selected, if I click on another cell then that block of cells will be moved, corrupting the whole spreadsheet

- The bug is not on specific spreadsheets that I can send you. It happens on blank spreadsheets
- It doesn't happen on an old excel spreadsheet, so seems to be only a softmaker bug
- it only happens after scrolling-down, so if the window is full screen, it will happen after cell 50, if the window is only 15 cells deep, if will happen after cell 16
- when softmaker highlights a column of cells (without me asking) my spreadsheet view jumps to the top of that column
- this is only happening recently
- as the bug tends to corrupt any spreadsheet I open and prevents me entering data in cells, it does make the softmaker unusable for me
- this bug stops when the same spreadsheet is dragged onto the main screen (but that screen is too small for me to use on spreadsheets)
- this bug stops when freeze headings gets deselected
- if I try to highlight say cells e62-j62, the spreadsheet jumps line 17 & highlights e17-j17;
- The same happens if I pick a block of cells. The block of cells that softmaker diverts to is smaller with a smaller window. the block I'm diverted to is at the bottom line that the window size will display if scrolled to its top
- I've tried a alternate 2nd screen that has a different resolution, brand and screen size and same problem happens. It also happens on a 2nd screen make that can only run from a usb plug. Also tried different mouse, so its not hardware dependent.

It seems to be how softmaker identifies where the mouse is clicking on any 2nd screen - its not happening on any other programs

Any ideas? Can I experiment with reverting to a 2017 version? Regret I'm fairly computer/softmaker illiterate, so if you need more info, I'll need basic instructions

Planmaker used is 2018 (rev 934.0626) 32 bit

Thanks
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Could you please attach your sminfo.txt (in Help=>About) or send it to forum(at)softmaker.com?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
geofff

Post by geofff »

Thanks for getting back Sven,

I've sent the text of that file to forum(at)softmaker.com marked for your attention

Happy to post a film of the problem if helpful to solve this

Regards Geoff
hwl.gmx

Post by hwl.gmx »

Hi Sven,

Has technical support found the cause of this bug? FYI about a month or two ago I did a fresh reinstallation of Windows 10, however the bug still persist even in the last version (rev 938.1002 - 64bit). Please keep on working on this issue, it might seem trivial but for those affected it broke Planmaker to a unusable state when using dual monitors.

Regards,
HWL
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

hwl.gmx wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm Hi Sven,

Has technical support found the cause of this bug? FYI about a month or two ago I did a fresh reinstallation of Windows 10, however the bug still persist even in the last version (rev 938.1002 - 64bit). Please keep on working on this issue, it might seem trivial but for those affected it broke Planmaker to a unusable state when using dual monitors.

Regards,
HWL
No, please send your logfile to forum(at)softmaker.com.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
geofff

Post by geofff »

Hi Sven

Regret I still have this problem; I brought this up with you in Oct & sent you the data like you asked

This bug seems unique to Softmaker. The bug does make it unusable with my second screen, as it garbles my spreadsheet's data, but I want to keep using Planmaker

I have just downloaded LibreOffice's Spreadsheet program & like MS Excel, it works fine with my screens.

Thanks Geoff
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

We will inform you as soon as we have a solution for this issue.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

The developers told me that the problem has been solved meantime and should no longer occur with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
s0cks

Post by s0cks »

sven-l wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 pm The developers told me that the problem has been solved meantime and should no longer occur with the next service pack.
I cannot confirm this, since I have this freezing bug. I'm using Softmaker Office 2018 (rev 946.0213 64 bit) in Linux Mint 19.1 with dual monitor (one above another) and it freezes no matter what I'm doing. Moreover, it sometimes freezes the whole system. I have to wait it unfreeze in order to continue my work. Very annoying!

I'm using trial version for testing purposes. But with this bug there is no way to buy the software. :(
s0cks

Post by s0cks »

sven-l wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 pm The developers told me that the problem has been solved meantime and should no longer occur with the next service pack.
I tried to disable OpenGL at Softmaker Options and it seems to "solve" the problem (I'm testing it yet).

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”