Plammaker no long opening files?

KevinC_63559

Plammaker no long opening files?

Post by KevinC_63559 »

A few weeks ago I noticed that when I opened an .xlxs file PlanMaker would launch, but it stopped opening the selected file. I can open it manually without problems via history or manually searching for the file.

Around the same time I did upgrade Windows 11 to 2H22. Could that be related?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Plammaker no long opening files?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Please let us know how you are opening *.xlsx files and which revision you are using of SoftMaker Office?
KevinC_63559

Post by KevinC_63559 »

Generally by simply clicking on the file from W11 File Explorer.

Running Softmaker Office 2018 Anniversay Update - thus the post in the 2018 forum.

sminof.txt attached. Ran "Check for updates" and at the current level for this release.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(18.86 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
fasttrack1966

Post by fasttrack1966 »

Hi I just replied to another post about this. I can no longer dbl click a file in Win Explorer - Textmaker just sits there with a blank doc/screen. I have to go File Open in TM then either click the file from the recent list or find it manually. There did not seem to be an answer in the other post either, does anyone else get this?
KevinC_63559

Post by KevinC_63559 »

Thanks for posting, glad to know I'm not alone...
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

This sounds like another "feature" of Windows 11. It's an unfortunate reality that Windows updates often create problems for programs/apps from anyone other than Microsoft.

Question: Are the files you want to open in the Microsoft .docx and .xlsx formats, or are they in the SoftMaker proprietary formats?

Have you checked your file associations since the update? I don't know how/where to do that in Windows 11, but there is a setting somewhere to tell Windows to always use TextMaker to open .docx files, and to always use PlanMaker to open .xlsx files. I would suggest first checking to make certain those file associations are set correctly.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

The problem with opening files from Windows Explorer with the file x2 click came from Windows 11 Windows Explorer updates. It seems that Microsoft has fixed the problem in Windows 11 in the meantime, but it might require a reinstallation of SoftMaker Office 2018. Your mileage may vary (it worked for some customers).

You can continue then to use SoftMaker Office 2018 by opening files using the file dialog. Other users found a solution to the problem by installing a different file explorer.

Return to “PlanMaker 2018 for Windows”