Saving Default Settings

Le Tervueren

Saving Default Settings

Post by Le Tervueren »

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum and just installed Office 2018, this simple product is fine with me, except I can't seem to find how to save my settings changes so that they stay "default" out, for example , I modify the margins (1.5 instead of 2.00) but after closing, when I relaunch office2018, the margins setting has returned to 2.00, it does not remain by default and it is quite annoying, and I can't find how to set it to default. I uninstalled, but am ready to reinstall if I have a solution. Thanks for your help.
The version is Office 2018, would there be a newer one? thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Saving Default Settings

Post by SuperTech »

This is an English only forum so please use English only and remove French from your post and subject.

To make these changes permanent please make changes in Documents\SoftMaker\Templates 2018\<Language>\Normal.tmvx file and save it. After that whenever you will open TextMaker you will find the changes in the new document.
Le Tervueren

Post by Le Tervueren »

Hello,
Thank you for your quick response, sorry, I thought I was doing the right thing by putting the French.
I will reinstall Free Office, and take your advice, please let me know how I could find other "tips" for a tutorial of sorts. Thanks in advance.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

You can read product manual for better understanding which you can access from right top corner '?' > User Manual.
Le Tervueren

Post by Le Tervueren »

Hello, :)

Well done OK! and thank you again !!

After testing, I will see for the Pro version !! but for a definitive purchase, but not an annual or monthly payment. (I don't have a big retirement !!)

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”