Setting width of tables in TextMaker

zorgoz

Setting width of tables in TextMaker

Post by zorgoz »

I am quite confused. Let's suppose I create a table with 3 columns. That will fit the page. I can of course change the column widths, but if I have a table fitting the page, and I do add any new columns, the whole table is stretched to the right beyond the page limits, and there is no more convenient way to change the width of the columns pushed farmost to the right. In Winword there is a setting I can use to specify the absolute or relative width of a table, and inserting any new column will result in rearranging the existing ones. But I can't find something alike in TextMaker. Or am I missing something?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Setting width of tables in TextMaker

Post by SuperTech »

Please click inside the table, then click on the ribbon command Table | Select | Select Table, then please click on Table | Properties | Cell properties | Under tab Format, please select Auto for Width and then click Ok. Your table will be adjusted now and if you will add more columns the table will adjust the width automatically.
zorgoz

Re: Setting width of tables in TextMaker

Post by zorgoz »

Ok, thank you, that will do it. However the method provided by Winword is more convenient and general. Maybe you can consider adding it to a future version.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”