Indented Textmaker paragraphs not indented when viewed with MS Word

ecbritz

Indented Textmaker paragraphs not indented when viewed with MS Word

Post by ecbritz »

I need to create indented paragraphs with Textmaker that will be indented in the same way when the document is viewed & read with MS Word. The easiest way to explain and show the problem is by attaching a screenshot I made. Please advise how I should have indented the paragraph with Textmaker, after looking at my attachment. (Click on the attached picture to view it more clearly.)
Attachments
Indented paragraph.JPG
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Indented Textmaker paragraphs not indented when viewed with MS Word

Post by Jossi »

Go to Format > Paragraph, tab "Paragraph", and set left indent to 1 cm, first indent to -1 cm. After typing the number, press tab to align the text with the following lines.
When I save this document as *.docx and open it in Word 2019, it is unchanged.

NB. It might be easier to use automatic numbering instead (Format > Bullets and numbering).
ecbritz

Re: Indented Textmaker paragraphs not indented when viewed with MS Word

Post by ecbritz »

Thanks Jossi, and sorry for this very late reply. I almost never use automatic paragraph numbering because I sometimes have a number of paragraphs-without-numbers expanding the contents of the numbered paragraphs. Textmaker should not show a numbered and indented paragraph that does not come out the same in MS Word. Its a compatibility issue in my view and experience.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”