Dark mode?

KaijuHK

Dark mode?

Post by KaijuHK »

I can do this with Planmaker by changing the Normal template to dark cells and white text but not sure how to do this with Textmaker.

Thanks!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Dark mode?

Post by miguel-c »

We only have a dark mode for the user interface, not the document.
However, you may set a dark page background in Layout | background.
cipricus

Post by cipricus »

miguel-c wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:05 pm We only have a dark mode for the user interface, not the document.
However, you may set a dark page background in Layout | background.
Is this available in Linux version?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Yes, in SoftMaker Office 2018 and 2021, but not in FreeOffice.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Ars4l4n

Post by Ars4l4n »

To add to the question, can you also make the side panels dark instead of just collapsing them? Image

That aside, I find a lot of the white elements on the program a bit too bright. The ones that distract me the most are those near the center of the program where the documents' content is supposed to be, eg
the dotted edge markings, Image edit: okay, you can disable them via options>view>page border

the actual border between the page and the program, Image

and the blinking white text cursor. Image

Is there any way this can work out for me? Btw, I've tried a bunch of programs and some of their different versions (OpenOffice, LibreOffice, Word, OneNote, Google Docs) but I've always been underwhelmed with their Dark Mode if they had any.
So far, I only liked Apples' Dark Modes. But their PCs are too pricey (and Hackintoshes are another rabbit hole to dive into... But perhaps I should proceed with building my Hackintosh as I'm already losing lots of energy on trying to circumvent several issues I have due to not using one.)

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”