quick language change

VMG

quick language change

Post by VMG »

Hi. There is this inconvenient feature in Textmaker 2018 for Windows: If you need to change the spellchecker language while typing (say, inserting a quotation etc.), you have to perform several steps -- selecting the text of the quotation, changing its language etc. The easiest way, clicking "current language" on the status bar, opens up a long list of languages where you have to find and mark the one you need, then return to the previous language doing the same. It would be much easier if the spellchecker language could be changed by just changing the Windows language. This now seems to be impossible, or am I missing something? Thank you in advance for your attention to that matter...
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: quick language change

Post by martin-k »

There is something similar to this. You can set the "Default language" in File | Options | Language. If you format your text in the language "Default", TextMaker looks up this default language and uses it.

Another option is character styles that just have a single setting, the text language.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
VMG

Post by VMG »

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I am aware of these methods, but still they are quite cumbersome, especially if you are in a hurry and your brain is elsewhere... :) Would be much more handy if you changed languages by simply pressing Shift-Ctrl or Shift-Alt, for changing the keyboard layout in Windows...
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your suggestion which I have forwarded to product management :)

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”