Strange message from MS Word when closing TextMaker

wbrells

Strange message from MS Word when closing TextMaker

Post by wbrells »

Folks,

When exiting from TextMaker I seem to frequently get an error message from Microsoft Word as shown in the attached image. This seems very odd since MS Word isn't running at the time the message appears! The error message (and one following) go away after I click on OK and everything seems to be working correctly. Would anyone have an idea why this annoying message has started to show up and how I can prevent it? Thanks, Wayne
Attachments
Word_Error.jpg
Word_Error.jpg (11.31 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Strange message from MS Word when closing TextMaker

Post by SuperTech »

Please let us know if you get this message every time when you close TextMaker or sometimes?
Please restart your computer > open the same document(in which you getting this error) in TextMaker > Exit it and let us know if you get this error in this instance also.
Please also share your sminfo file which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information.

Thanks
wbrells

Post by wbrells »

I was mistaken - the MS Word error messages occurred when I did an Insert > Document where both the original document and the inserted document were produced by TextMaker. There are two error messages generated as shown in the attached image. I've also attached the sminfo.txt file. Hope this helps! Wayne
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(18.79 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Word_Error.jpg
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Please show the full screenshot.

It is possible that the Open file dialog creates a preview of the document using Microsoft Word. Does it make a difference if you turn off the preview in the file dialog?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
wbrells

Post by wbrells »

I've turned off the Live Preview option under File > Options > Appearance to see if that helps. I suspect that may, indeed, be the cause of this problem. Is there any way to specify what program should be used for doing previews? Thanks, Wayne
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

Live preview is something different. The Windows file dialogs let you show previews of documents, that's what I meant.

Windows decides, based on registry settings, which program provides document previews.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”