Pasted text is grayed out

wbrells

Pasted text is grayed out

Post by wbrells »

I'm not sure if this is a new problem, but when I copy text from (for example) Yahoo Mail or Gmail and paste it into some TextMaker documents the result is grayed out text as shown in the attached screen shot. This problem does not seem to arise if I paste the text into a new TextMaker document, but I don't see anything different in those TextMaker documents where this problem shows up. I can't find anyway to un-gray the pasted text, but the following "workaround" did solve my immediate problem:

1) Paste the text into a Notepad file.
2) Copy the text from that Notepad file.
3) Paste the text into the problematic TextMaker file.

The text inserted this way is NOT grayed out.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Wayne
Attachments
GrayedOut.jpg
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Pasted text is grayed out

Post by SuperTech »

Most probably it is because it pasting the format also with the text so please try to paste unformatted text, you can do that from Ribbon Home | Paste > down arrow> select Paste unformatted text. I hope that will work fine in this situation and you will not get the gray text.
wbrells

Re: Pasted text is grayed out

Post by wbrells »

I'm not sure what it is in my "problem" document that is causing the text to be grayed out, but fortunately the Paste unformatted text option prevents the problem! Many thanks, Wayne

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”