'Go Back' After Using Hyperlink

don1

'Go Back' After Using Hyperlink

Post by don1 »

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a command to "go back" after having clicked on a hyperlink and you have been taken to a different part of your document (or another document).
thanks
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: 'Go Back' After Using Hyperlink

Post by miguel-c »

We don't have that feature yet, but I've forwarded the issue to the product manager. Thanks!
don1

Post by don1 »

Hi, MS word has it. You can navigate around a single or multiple documents using links and bookmarks really easily in Word. I have to say though, the Outliner in Word is nowhere near as good as Textmaker (your collapsible paragraphs work so well). However, I do have to navigate around documents as I write and for that reason I have had to switch back to Word and use a complicated combination of collapsible paragraphs and hierarchical headers to try to mimic what the Textmaker outliner does so brilliantly.
Clairvaux

Post by Clairvaux »

don1 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 am MS word has it.
Really ? I'm just trying to wean myself slowly off Word and over to Text Maker, and I've never found such a feature in Word. How is it called ? What version of Microsoft Office do you use ?

Edit : I found it in my 2003 edition of Microsoft Office : Shift + F5 will cycle through the 3 previous places where text was clicked into. Primitive, limited and difficult to remember, but handy.
don1 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:33 am The Outliner in Word is nowhere near as good as Textmaker (your collapsible paragraphs work so well).
I'm puzzled again. One major reason I bought Soft Maker Office is its real outliner. Almost no other word processor apart from Word has it. I'm exploring Text Maker's outliner right now, and while I'm delighted to find it has the same features as Word, I cannot see how it is better. Could you elaborate ?

I always write inside the outliner view, and very rarely use others. Using links to navigate inside the document is something I rely on heavily.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”