Table style problems after saving

skladnik89

Table style problems after saving

Post by skladnik89 »

Hi everyone, this is the problem I discovered in Textmaker 2018 no matter what format I choose to save file in. It can be Microsoft word format or Textmaker format, table style is not saved correctly or does not even work after opening up saved file. Let me explain how it works.

FOR MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT:

1. I make a table with green and white rows and 2 collumns, with specific font, size 11, normal letters (no bold, no italic), and with some margins to top and bottom of every cell
2. I save it as .docx and close Textmaker.
3. After opening the file again, size of letters are down to 10 and first collumn now has bold letters

FOR TEXTMAKER FORMAT:

1. The same thing like before
2. I save it as .tmd and close Textmaker
3. After opening it again, table options (header row, first collumn, banded rows, total row, last collumn, banded collumns) are grey or not available, and when I go to make new rows in this table, the color of the row is always the same as the last color of the row before it was saved. So if I saved the file with a table where the last row was green, every new row is going to be green. If I saved it with the last row white, every new row is going to be white.

I tried to save it in other formats also, but they all have similar problems.

I hope they fix these table problems because they can be really annoying and if someone has found solution to these, I would really appriciate some help. Thanks
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Table style problems after saving

Post by miguel-c »

I tried to reproduce the issue with no success. Could you please send us the file files?
skladnik89

Post by skladnik89 »

Sorry for late reply, been quite busy this week.
I'm sending you two files that I created just to show the problems.

Word file looks (mostly) okay, although there was no bold text anywhere and now the first row is bold and the first column. So for the most part, this is actually good result. Usually it will also remove margins to the cell and it would also change the font.

Textmaker file looks normal, BUT, table styles options are not available (they are greyd out) and the table is no longer creating banded rows, so every new row will be exactly the same color like the last row.
Attachments
testing textmaker file.tmd
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
testing word file.docx
(13.33 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

I was able to experience what you describe.
However, it's intended to be that way.
You selected an existing table style.
As soon as you select "Header row", it will make the header row bold.
As soon as you select "First column", it will make the first column bold.
If you select a font size different than 11, it will revert back to 11pt as soon as you open the file back, because it will load the selected table style settings.
Regarding saving it as a TMD file: table styles are not supported in TMD files. If you save it as TMDX all will be fine.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”