Saving is slooooooooow

david.hoffman

Saving is slooooooooow

Post by david.hoffman »

I've read some other posts on the forums about this, but there weren't any solutions.

My wife is using Free Office on a MAC, and I am using it on a Win10 laptop. Both machines have respectable specifications, so it's not a matter of the machines being slow. We aren't seeing this behavior with other applications (from other vendors) on the same machines.

Autosave is turned on, and for a good 15-30 seconds when it's saving, the application freezes and you are unable to do anything. I understand you can turn autosave off, but it's a feature I would like to take advantage of.

My sminfo.txt is attached.
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(11.87 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Saving is slooooooooow

Post by miguel-c »

1. Does it happen with all files and only one? Please attach the file or send it to forum(at)softmaker.de
2. Where are you saving the files to?
3. Does textMaker Crash? If so, please send us the Documents\tmlog.txt file.
sinnoaria

Post by sinnoaria »

I've been having the same issue.

1. All files.
2. I'm saving it to my SSD (default folder in Documents)
3. Textmaker does not crash, but if I'm typing when it happens, it seems to treat all my inputted characters as commands (commands vs input as in ctrl+c instead of c, except I don't think it is a straight change)

Edit:
Also, a potentially related issue: https://forum.softmaker.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=19272

When it autosaves, specifically if you are typing while it does so, it tends to cause the program to sort of flicker. Not sure if this happens when not typing.
Last edited by sinnoaria on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Could you please send us one of such files? Post it here or send it to forum(at)softmaker.de.
I happens in both Mac and Windows?
If it only happens in Windows, could you please disable your antivirus temporarily to check if it's the culprit?

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”