Return to previous cursor location

nevyoung

Return to previous cursor location

Post by nevyoung »

Hi - I am hoping that TextMaker is compatible with Word but I might have hit a deal-breaker. I have used the Shift/F5 function for many years in Word - it returns you to where you where working previously in the document (that is, where you were before youi moved to 'here'. On repeated presses, it returns to previous locations before that. Where do I find this essential navigational functionality in Textmaker?
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Return to previous cursor location

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, that functionality is under analysis for a possible implementation in the future.
nevyoung

Re: Return to previous cursor location

Post by nevyoung »

That is a big problem. If I cut text from somewhere in the document and then find another place in the document where I paste that cut text, I have to be able to go straight back to where the text was cut, so that I can continue edit/redacting/sorting that section of text in the document. I don't always know exactly what part of the document I was working on. In Word, Shift-F5 does exactly this.
Unfortunately this is a show-stopper. I cannot continue testing TextMaker with this limitation on functionality.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”