Need Help Copying Text from GoogleDocs to TextMaker

Juliko

Need Help Copying Text from GoogleDocs to TextMaker

Post by Juliko »

Hello. Nice to meet you all. So I just installed TextMaker today, and it's working well for me so far...except for one thing. See, I primarily use GoogleDocs, but sometimes I'll copy text from there to other programs such as Microsoft Word as an extra backup. I had no problem with it on the other programs, but Microsoft Word doesn't work for me anymore so I had to transition to TextMaker. However, when I copy text from GoogleDocs to TextMaker, it comes out all blocky and weird, like scrambled up binary code. This doesn't happen when I paste it in unformatted text, but I want to keep the formatted text from my GoogleDocs stuff into TextMaker, like italics and bolded letters, and I don't know how to rectify this. Does anyone know of a potential solution? If you can help me with this, I'd very much appreciate it.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Need Help Copying Text from GoogleDocs to TextMaker

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, I had no problem copying a text from Google Docs to TextMaker.

Could you please create a google docs document where the issue is present, then share it with the general public and then post the URL here?
Juliko

Post by Juliko »

Okay, this is the document in question: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2P ... 13qmw-/pub It's a chapter of a Pokemon fan fic I'm working on. It's unfinished as of now. When I copy/paste it from Docs to TextMaker, it looks like this:

Juliko

Post by Juliko »

I found another problem as well. It seems like TextMaker also gets rid of quotations and apostrophes when I copy from GoogleDocs to TextMaker, usually by rendering them into their letter HTML forms or something like that.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Again, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome and SoftMaker Office 2018 (rev 970). And you?
Juliko

Post by Juliko »

Alright, I managed to remedy the issue. Thanks for your help, though!

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”