Font in table changing in TextMaker 2018 but not Word

wbrells

Font in table changing in TextMaker 2018 but not Word

Post by wbrells »

Folks,I've attached a small DOCX file containing the first few lines of a Word table. When viewed with Word 2007 all the entries in the table are in Calibri 12. However, looking at the same document in TextMaker - starting with the second line - all the entries are in Times New Roman 12! I can select the whole table and make a global font change to get things back the way they should be, but I can't understand why this is happening!

FULL DISCLOSURE: The original DOCX file with the table was created via a Python program. That file, though, was read by Word 2007 and saved under a new name. The attached sample showing the above problem was extracted from this re-saved file. I've been using this approach for several years and have not seen this problem before. Perhaps it started with the 2018 update to TextMaker?

Wayne
Attachments
FontChanging.docx
(14.54 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Font in table changing in TextMaker 2018 but not Word

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, I reported the issue to the developers. I'll keep you posted.
wbrells

Re: Font in table changing in TextMaker 2018 but not Word

Post by wbrells »

I still don't know what is causing this behavior, but I have found that the situation can be "corrected" by selecting the table in TextMaker 2018 and then, under Table styles, applying the Standard style. This action immediately corrects the fonts for the entire table & all is well! - Wayne

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”