_GoBack bookmark

xenol1th

_GoBack bookmark

Post by xenol1th »

Hello,

It wasn't working correctly so I deleted if and now I don't know how to get it back.

Anyone know how to get the _GoBack bookmark to work again? (I tried but it has to start with a letter.)

Thanks!
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: _GoBack bookmark

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, you could reset your TextMaker settings by closing TextMaker and then going to Windows Explorer and renaming the file Documents\SoftMaker\Settings\tmw18config.ini to tmw18config.bak.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

_GoBack is an internal bookmark that you don't set manually. It is created automatically when "Return to the last editing position when a document has been opened" in Files | Options | Files is activated and the document is saved.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

Hey miguel-c,

I did what you asked but I only saw ‘tmwfo18config’. I changed the name of that to .bak but it did not restore the _GoBack bookmark.

Am I mistaken to assume that that bookback feature returns the READER back to their previous position? Martin-k’s comment makes it seem like this is more of an EDITTING tool.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Yes: that feature returns the READER back to their previous position.

PS: if you wish you may make a backup copy of your Documents\SoftMaker\Settings\ folder and then delete it in order to reset your SoftMaker Office to its default settings.
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

Thanks for your reply.

If I start a new document, that _GoBack bookmark returns.

Still wondering if there is a way to re-insert it into a document after it has been deleted.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

I'm going to ask a colleague of mine. In the meanwhile, you may create a new document and copy the content from the other file into the new one :)
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

I tried that. All 40+ pages of content that I then had to reformat to get the spacing 100% like it was. Not to mention, the bookmarks were also copied and the "_GoBack" one missing.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You don't create the _GoBack bookmark by hand. It is created automatically at the current cursor position when you save a document and have the option "Return to the last editing position when a document has been opened" in the Options dialog, Files tab active.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

martin-k wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:07 pm You don't create the _GoBack bookmark by hand. It is created automatically at the current cursor position when you save a document and have the option "Return to the last editing position when a document has been opened" in the Options dialog, Files tab active.
I just activated this, made an edit and saved the document. I closed it and reopened it and still no _GoBack.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

We support that only in DOCX and TMDX formats. Which format did you use?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

martin-k wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:22 pm We support that only in DOCX and TMDX formats. Which format did you use?
Currently using .doc mode because .docx seemed to not be saving correctly. I converted my .doc to .docx and attempted it again. Still no _GoBack.

Oh well.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, I was able to reproduce the issue where I don't see the _GoBack bookmark in newly created documents.
I'm going to report this to the developers and I'll let you know when we sort this out.
Thank you!
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

miguel-c wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:47 pm Hi, I was able to reproduce the issue where I don't see the _GoBack bookmark in newly created documents.
I'm going to report this to the developers and I'll let you know when we sort this out.
Thank you!
Thank you <3.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”