How do I align and hyphenate selected text (e.g. aligned to the left, also hypenated)?

ecbritz

How do I align and hyphenate selected text (e.g. aligned to the left, also hypenated)?

Post by ecbritz »

I would like to select a certain part of a document and then apply an alignment setting, for instance aligned to the left. At the same time, I would like to hyphenate the same text selection, or remove hyphenation from it, leaving the hyphenation setting made under Tools > Options > Language untouched. Please advise!
Last edited by ecbritz on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: How do I align selected text and also do a hyphenation setting for the same selected text?

Post by miguel-c »

Hi, if you want to disable hyphenation for a paragraph, you should right click it it, Paragraph > Text flow > Hyphenation > None
ecbritz

Re: How do I align and hyphenate selected text (e.g. aligned to the left, also hypenated)?

Post by ecbritz »

Thanks! I'll try this as soon as I return to my computer. What I wanted to do, was to type justified and hyphenated text into three newspaper-type columns, but type left aligned and non-hyphenated text outside (above) the section with three columns. I should be able to do this now.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”