How do I change from writing in one column to writing in multiple columns (and revert back to one)?

ecbritz

How do I change from writing in one column to writing in multiple columns (and revert back to one)?

Post by ecbritz »

How do I type a few lines of text filling a page with only one column (i.e. a page without multiple columns) and then start typing in three columns, perhaps halfway down the page -- continuing these three columns on the next page? And how do I revert back to one column on say the third page? What are the exact steps I should take when I reach the point where I want to start typing in three columns? And what precisely do I do to revert back to one column after typing in three columns? Thanks in advance for advice!
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
Robin Holt

Re: How do I change from writing in one column to writing in multiple columns (and revert back to one)?

Post by Robin Holt »

Check the Help file topic on "Multi-column page layout" which explains it far better than I ever could here. The topics include an example of how to do precisely what you're trying to accomplish.
ecbritz

Re: How do I change from writing in one column to writing in multiple columns (and revert back to one)?

Post by ecbritz »

Thanks, will take a look.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
ecbritz

Post by ecbritz »

The method given in the User Manual (not so much the Help function) is really simple and effective, thanks again!
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

The text in the help function and in the PDF manual is identical.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
ecbritz

Post by ecbritz »

I'm not at my computer right now but I think you are partly mistaken ... will return with the evidence or offer my apologies, if I'm wrong.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.
ecbritz

Post by ecbritz »

What I have discovered with this exercise, is that after having found help on some topic using the Help function, you might have to page forward using the "Next" button a number of times to find the information you actually need. I attach a pdf showing the information I needed coming up after I clicked on "Next" a few times. There is nothing wrong with this, but I did not know about this paging required. The User Manual gave the answer with much less searching around. But again: Its fine once you know.
Attachments
FIND HELP WITH MULT-COLUMN PAGE.pdf
(216.55 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”