.docx not saving right?

xenol1th

.docx not saving right?

Post by xenol1th »

Sometimes I make adjustments in a file. When I save, close and re-open the file, the changes are not saved.

If I do the same but save it as a 97-2003 (.doc) file, it works just fine.

Anyone get this happening also? (Usually happens with bullets, numbering, hyperlinks, and word colours.)

-Dre
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: .docx not saving right?

Post by miguel-c »

Hi,
1. could you please send us the file where the issue is happening?
2. Could you also provide a step by step procedure so we can reproduce the issue?
3. What version of TextMaker are you using? Go to the top right corner of the screen and click on "?" and then on "About..."
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

Pardon my delay but I'm currently using this for sensitive information but I did just notice I was able to find another incidence of this occurance here. (I removed the hyperlinks for my protection.)

T07-SLA-record - WEEK 3 no link.docx
(63.23 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
I had to save this as a 97-2003.doc in order to save it with correct formatting (I wanted underline and coloured in "evidence of completion" column. See here:
T07-SLA-record - WEEK 3 no link 97-2003.doc
(144.5 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
)

2. All I did it try to save my changes. It's difficult to pin down because sometimes it saves correctly and other times it does not.

3. I'm using FreeOffice TextMaker 2018 (rev 970.0829) 32bit.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

1. I opened T07-SLA-record - WEEK 3 no link 97-2003.doc
2. Selected "Picture of discussion board participation"
3. Right-clicked it
4. Character style
5. Changed from Normal to Hyperlink
6. Applied
7. Saved as docx
8. Closed Textmaker and open the docx created in step 7. The sentence "Picture of discussion board participation" is now underlined and blue.
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

Thank you for your prompt reply. My issue is using docx files and saving them as docx. Sometimes it wont save my changes. It will save them, however, when i save as .doc
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Doc is an older format that doesn't support as many features as docx. So in order to save some of them in the doc format, some conversions have to be made, reason why somethings may behave differently.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

In the meanwhile I have forwarded the issue to the developers and I'll let you know if they find anything wrong.
xenol1th

Post by xenol1th »

Thank you.

Most of my issues seem to center around saving colour and bullet/number/list alignment. I’ll edit a particular document to the way I want, save (as docx) and then when I open it later it didnt actually save,

I do not have this issue with .doc files

Return to “TextMaker 2018 for Windows”